Rebecca Yingst Price has devoted her legal career to helping families and individuals with estate planning, estate and trust administration, and residential real estate. She believes that there is no substitute for proper legal planning to protect loved ones. Ms. Price has vast experience working with families with young children and disabled children in building thoughtful estate plans. These plans will allow their parents to rest assured that their children’s financial stability has been taken care of in the long-term. Ms. Price also works with single people and couples at all stages of life who share a long-term vision of ensuring the financial security of their loved ones, their pets, or their favorite charities.
Ms. Price often works with families addressing the financial and emotional issues stemming from the loss of a loved one. She provides expert guidance to families navigating the estate administration process, whether the assets must be administered through the Probate Court, a Trust, or directly with a financial institution. Ms. Price has seen firsthand how overwhelming the probate process can be for people unfamiliar with this administration. She has provided clients with sound legal advice to allow them to address issues, such as, an estate that may have multiple financial accounts, life insurance policies, real estate, a small business, debts, and other financial complications. Providing you with the necessary legal assistance to address these types of issues in the most difficult of times motivates Ms. Price every day.
Ms. Price earned her law degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 2003 and was sworn in by the Ohio Supreme Court to practice law that same year. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and Spanish from the University of Rochester in 1999, followed by a year of teaching English in Santiago, Chile, where she became fluent in Spanish. She began her legal career working at the Cleveland law firm of Thompson Hine. Thereafter, she served as a judicial staff attorney at the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, first for the Judge Peggy Foley Jones, and later for Judge John J. Russo. Ms. Price built her estate planning and probate practice as an attorney with Gallup & Burns from 2007 through 2015. She is also Of Counsel to The Law Office of Mark L. Hoffman, LLC.
The Supreme Court of Ohio, ADR: Basic Mediation & Uniform Mediation Action, June 2013
Civic & Professional Involvement
Estate Planning Council of Cleveland, Member 2013-Present
Professional Organization of Attorneys, Accountants and Financial Planners that supports the team concept of estate planning.
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Law Section, Member
- Women In Law (WIL) Section, Member
- Chair of the first WIL Wellness Retreat at the Global Center in January 2015 for professional women focusing on nutrition, exercise, and stress management. All net-proceeds to benefited ZENworks Yoga, a non-profit organization that brings yoga into underserved communities in Cleveland.
Ohio State Bar Association
- Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section, Member
Cleveland Law Library, Board of Directors, June 2021 – present
Future Heights, Board of Directors, January 2015-December 2017, Board Secretary January-December 2018, Co-Chair 2015 Future Heights Auction
- A Non-Profit Organization dedicated to inspiring and facilitating communication, collaboration, engagement and empowerment to our communities to ensure a vibrant and sustainable future for Cleveland Heights and University Heights.
City of Cleveland Heights Citizens Advisory Committee, Member, 2011-2014
- Researched Community Development Needs and the Consolidated Plan of Cleveland Heights, and Advised City of Cleveland Heights Counsel on the allocation of Federal Block Grant Funds
Soccer and Lacrosse Coach at St. Dominic School, 2014-2021
- 3 CYO Championships in Girls’ Soccer and Lacrosse
Head Varsity Lacrosse Coach at Beaumont School, Cleveland Heights, Ohio, Spring 2005 – 2008 (4 seasons)
- Division II State Tournament Final Four Participant, 2007
- Volunteer Varsity Lacrosse Coach, 2010-present