Mark and his team have a strong commitment to giving back to the community. He has served as a legal advisor to several nonprofits and community groups, and as a volunteer attorney for the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland and the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association.
- Ph.D.: Case Western Reserve University, 1978
- J. D.: Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 1976
- B.A.: The George Washington University with Special Honors, 1973
- Graduate: Cleveland Heights High School, 1970
- Estate planning and Elder Law are two of the most complex areas of the law. There are significant changes on both the state and federal level almost every year.
- In addition to reading many journals and Web-based reports daily, he attends many hours of continuing legal education.
- Mark’s commitment to keeping abreast of changes in the law is part of his commitment to providing the highest level of legal services to his clients.
- All Courts of Ohio
- All Levels of the Federal Courts
- United States Tax Court
- “Alternate Remedies and Legal Challenges to Discriminatory Television Advertising,” Hoffman, Mark L., University Microfilm International; Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1978
- “Day in the Life Films – Coming of Age in the Courtroom,” Preiser, Monty L., and Hoffman, Mark L., Trial Magazine
- , August/September, 1981
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Cleveland
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Ohio State Bar Association, Probate and Estate Planning Section
- The District of Columbia Bar Association
- Super Lawyers
- Northeast Ohio Top 250 “Leading Lawyers,” Inside Business
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2019
- The American Association for Justice, National Meeting, 2009
- The Sorbonne University, Paris, 2012
- Banks, financial planners, and investment firms, annually
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- LGBTQ Planning
- Real Estate
- Business Law
- Probate Administration
Family time with his spouse and children are a priority in his life. Mark has a passion for arts and music. He performs on the trumpet and conducts with various ensembles about 25 times each year. He enjoys traveling and has visited some very remote places across six continents. He also is an avid runner, cyclist, hiker, kayaker, and skier.
For more information on Mark Hoffman, please see: markhoffmanlaw.com.